603 Trelawny Private, Ottawa
Canada. K2C 3M9
PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering Sep 2015 — Present
MSc in Computer Networks Sep 2011 — Jan 2014
BSc in Telecommunication & Networking Sep 2005 — Aug 2009
- Danish Sattar, and Ashraf Matrawy, "Secure 5G Core Network Slicing for DDoS Mitigation", Submitted to IEEE Transcations on Network and Service Management
- Danish Sattar, and Ashraf Matrawy, "Proactive and Dynamic Slice Allocation in Sliced 5G Core Networks", To be published in Proc. of the IEEE International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communications, Montreal, Canada, 20 - 22 October 2020.
- Danish Sattar, and Ashraf Matrawy, "Towards Secure Slicing: Using Slice Isolation to Mitigate DDoS Attacks on 5G Core Network Slices", Published in Proc. of the 7th Annual IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS 2019), Washington, DC, USA, 10 - 12 June 2019.
- Danish Sattar and Ashraf Matrawy, “Optimal Slice Allocation in 5G Core Networks,” IEEE Networking Letters, 2019.
- Danish Sattar and Ashraf Matrawy, “Dsaf: Dynamic slice allocation framework for 5G core network,” CoRR, vol. abs/1905.03873, 2019. [Online]. Available: http://arxiv.org/abs/1905.03873
- Danish Sattar, Ashraf Matrawy, T. Bryant and M. Kneppers, "Threat Modeling in LTE Small Cell Networks," 2018 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering (CCECE), Quebec City, QC, 2018, pp. 1-5.
- Danish Sattar and Ashraf Matrawy, "An empirical model of packet processing delay of the Open vSwitch," 2017 IEEE 25th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Toronto, ON, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Danish Sattar, Ashraf Matrawy and Olu Adeojo, "Adaptive Bubble Burst (ABB): Mitigating DDoS attacks in Software-Defined Networks," 2016 17th International Telecommunications Network Strategy and Planning Symposium (Networks), Montreal, QC, 2016, pp. 50-55.
- Sheltami, Tarek R., Danish Sattar, Elhadi M. Shakshuki, and Ashraf S. Mahmoud. “Real-Time Performance Evaluation for Flooding and Recursive Time Synchronization Protocols over Arduino and XBee.” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, (October 2015).
- Danish Sattar, et al. "A comparative analysis of flooding time synchronization protocol and recursive time synchronization protocol." Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing & Multimedia. ACM, 2013.
Carleton University, Canada Sep 2015 — Present
- Work with students one-on-one; learn and solve problems they are having with the course material.
- Proctor and grade exams, quizzes, lab assignments.
- Review experiments beforehand, ask and answer students questions
University of Hafr Al-Batin, Saudi Arabia Aug 2014 — Aug 2015
- Server Configuration and Maintenance
- Routers and Switches Management (Cisco and Extreme Networks)
- LAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Windows Troubleshooting
- Network Monitoring (Whatsup Gold)
- Software License Management
- Purchase of new Hardware and Software
- Handling complaints and proving satisfactory solution to the users
- SERENE-RISC Fall 2016
- SERENE-RISC Winter 2017
- SERENE-RISC Fall 2017
Research Paper Reviews:
- IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
- SecureComm 2019
- International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2019)
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Networking (Cloudnet 2018)