Welcome to the NGN Research Group Webpage
The Next Generation Networks (NGN) Research Group is a research group focusing on cutting edge networking architectures. We are currently conducting research in the following areas:
- check Network Security and Privacy
- check Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- check Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- check Internet Location Verification
Latest Group News
- favorite '18 May Our paper: "Threat Modeling in LTE Small Cell Networks", by D. Sattar, A. Matrawy, T. Bryant, and M. Kneppersm, got accepted at IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering CCECE 2018 conference.
- favorite '18 Jan Our paper: "SDN-VSA: Modeling and Analysis of SDN Control Applications using Vector Spaces", by M. Aslan and A. Matrawy, got accepted at IEEE International Conference on Communications ICC 2018 conference.
- favorite '17 Aug Our paper: "Could Network View Inconsistency Affect Virtualized Network Security Functions?", by M. Aslan and A. Matrawy, got accepted at IEEE CNS SPC 2017 workshop.
- favorite '17 Aug Our paper: "An Empirical Model of Packet Processing Delay of the Open vSwitch", by D. Sattar and A. Matrawy, got accepted at IEEE ICNP PVE-SDN 2017 workshop.
- favorite '17 Feb Our paper: "One Pass Packet Steering (OPPS) for Stateless Policy Chains in Multi-subscriber SDN", by J. Chukwu, A. Matrawy and D. Makrakis, got accepted at IEEE INFOCOM SWFAN 2017 workshop.
- favorite '17 Jan Our paper: "Accurate Manipulation of Delay-based Internet Geolocation", by A. Abdou, A. Matrawy and P.C. van Oorschot, got accepted at the ACM AsiaCCS conference.
- favorite '17 Jan Our paper: "The Effect of Buffer Management Strategies on 6LoWPAN's Response to Buffer Reservation Attacks", by A. Raoof and A. Matrawy, got accepted at the IEEE ICC'17 conference.